Drive Behaviour Change
Is there a behaviour that you want to change in your organisation, community or society as a whole?
But inspiring that kind of change can be hard…
Understanding Behaviour Change principles can help you:
- Inspire others to take action
- Communicate your message with confidence
- Get buy-in from supporters and your team to reach your targets
- Reach people outside your echo chamber
- Create meaningful, widespread impact
Humans are motivated by impulses, shortcuts, the feel-good factor, what other people think and the infrastructure around us… and very little rational thought.
This means that we need to work with what really motivates people to understand existing behaviours and inspire new ones, which includes:
- The systems and Infrastructure around us
- Habits and cognitive shortcuts
- Social norms and expectations
- How messages are framed and who communicates them
To successfully motivate people to change, we need to understand which of the above are driving the existing behaviour, and how their needs can be met with alternative solutions.
If you are ready to go beyond just telling people facts and stats and expecting change:
Where to begin:
- Acknowledge that education will not lead to behaviour change by itself
- Seek to better understand what the real barriers and frictions are to change
- Segment down audiences so you can better understand them and the opportunities for change
Here’s how I can help you implement behavioural change:
- On-demand training on the principles of behaviour change – watch these workshop recordings at your convenience
- Facilitated workshops with your organisation to drive change – tailored to address your organisation and sector challenges
- Research and support in understanding and developing a behaviour change initiative – from interviews to surveys and desk-based research we will get the insights on your project.
Let’s drive behaviour change
1-1 power hour
Let’s jump on a call to:
- Answer questions or queries on your behaviour change challenge or campaign
- Get expert insights and inspiration
- Behaviour change guide for you to refer to
Map and plan together
We work together to:
- Decluster your behaviour
- Map out your audience
- Identify the barriers
- Ideate on solutions
- Tools and workbooks for you to work through
- 3 x 1.5 hour sessions together
Challenge taken care of
Outsource to us:
- Uncovering the potential barriers and considerations
- Presenting findings and campaign recommendations
- 1 x briefing and findings sessions
Add-on and bespoke bolt-ons
- On-demand training content
- Behaviour change Lunch and learn for your team
- Stakeholder research
Pricing above for corporates:
35% for non profits and SME’s and 45% for soloprenuers and consultants
I really enjoyed the last three training sessions, its great work you’re doing! I found it really useful to have a refresh of psychology principles whilst learning new theories, and then how to apply it to my work. Which is the most important part really the application, so thank you!
Ninette Harris – Sustainability Coordinator at Durham
Who am I?
I’m Livvy, a behaviour change and sustainability consultant on a mission to engage people beyond the green echo chamber and help changemakers, like you, create real impact!
Since getting involved with sustainability consultancy and environmental campaigning, it became clear to me that knowledge and education was not enough to deliver change and that there were other factors at play.
Applying the principles of behavioural science to plastics, waste and carbon reduction campaigns has opened up so many more ways to understand the challenges we face and to achieve change with much wider audiences.